This blog contains material I wrote and posted on multiply.com between the years 2005 and 2011 only. It does not contain any new material. For newer writing, please check my main blog (Bill the Butcher).


Friday 12 October 2012

The Other

Who am I?
I am the Other, the other brother

The brother you would rather forget

I am the shadow shivering
Under the bridge
When winter comes;

The child selling cheap pens
In traffic jams.

I am the one you make fun of
For eating with my hands
For not speaking with your accents

I am the Other.

I am the one who does your slave work
I am the one who cleans up after your party
I am the one who pays with my blood
For your Eternal Frontiers.


Laugh at me, snub me
For I am not like you.
But some day I shall rise,
I, the Other.


And
I am, I will be
The stuff of your 
Nightmares.


Fear me.



Copyright B Purkayastha 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment