This blog contains material I wrote and posted on multiply.com between the years 2005 and 2011 only. It does not contain any new material. For newer writing, please check my main blog (Bill the Butcher).


Friday 12 October 2012

Teenager's Cry

Why do you encircle me with the 
Iron chains of your words and cautions?
I’m not a child, mother
If not yet a woman.

I know the world is hard and sharp
I know the world can cut and hurt
But the world is colourful and bright
More so than you can understand.

Why do you treat me
As though I would not grow
Up without your helping hand?
I’m not a child if not yet a woman.

If you tell me I must do this
I must be that, I feel torn
Between what I am and what you want me to be
I never, you know, asked to be born.



Copyright B Purkayastha 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment