This blog contains material I wrote and posted on multiply.com between the years 2005 and 2011 only. It does not contain any new material. For newer writing, please check my main blog (Bill the Butcher).


Friday 12 October 2012

Remembering My Father


Father, I remember
The time we walked together
And watched a double rainbow over a Lucknow slum

The people walked by
Those with eyes to see and those who would not see
And they walked past ignoring

The only beautiful thing in that world.

Father, I remember
How we once made bread together
And no one could eat it, and we laughed

All the waste of that good dough!

Father, I remember
The times we were cross with each other,
The times we were angry, and it was beautiful then

Because

We were not ignoring each other
And anger is better than invisibility

I wish I had been more angry with you
More often.

 

Copyright B Purkayastha 2005


No comments:

Post a Comment