This blog contains material I wrote and posted on multiply.com between the years 2005 and 2011 only. It does not contain any new material. For newer writing, please check my main blog (Bill the Butcher).


Friday 12 October 2012

I Believe


I believe

That greed is not the natural condition
Of the human race
That corporations are not the natural rulers
Of our destinies;

I believe

That we are not chained forever
By  the shackles of god, money
Or money that is god;

That empathy and respect
Still have a place in this world
Higher than stock options and investment banks.

I believe

That the wheel will turn,
That Martin Luther King, Che Guevara, Rosa Luxembourg and the rest
Brave men and women, who stood up in protest
Did not die in vain.

I believe

We shall overcome
Sooner than we think

Maybe not tomorrow
Maybe today.


Copyright 
B Purkayastha 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment