This blog contains material I wrote and posted on multiply.com between the years 2005 and 2011 only. It does not contain any new material. For newer writing, please check my main blog (Bill the Butcher).


Friday 12 October 2012

Happily Ever After

"It's you! I don't believe it!"

She met us in the street, downtown. I hadn't seen her in years. But it was a special day.

“You two are so much in love!” she gushed. “I mean it, you’re an inspiration.”

I smiled at him. He smiled at me. “Thanks,” I said to her.

“But, really, I don’t know how you do it,” she went on. “After all these years and you can’t keep your eyes off each other.”

“It just happens,” he told her.

“Not for me, anyway.” She pouted. “I’m not so lucky. Just looking at you two, I know what Happily Ever After means."

"Thanks," I repeated, smiling.

"So where are you two lovely people going today?”

“To court.”

“Court? Why?”

“We’re filing for divorce,” I said.





Copyright B Purkayastha 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment